Christmas is around the corner! There is something about festivals that will bring a smile to your face, whether you know it or not. Something very cheery, very beautiful about this time, that makes people forget their bitchiness, their quarrels, and come together, because this is a time for FAMILY!
There are so many activities that can be done during festival holidays. These activities not only bring people together, but you get to spend some nice quality time with your friends or relatives, get your creative juices flowing, and have a lot of fun and laughter along the way. Christmas is especially cool, since all Christmassy activities revolve around either cool looking greeting cards and gifts or sugary cookies!!
So, come on, let’s see what you can accomplish with your kiddos and their friends in tow, while jiggling to the merry tunes of Christmas Carols!
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
51/2 cups flaked coconut
Pinch of salt
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, coconut and salt. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla using your hands until mixed properly. Keep the size of cookies same as medium sized balls.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until coconut is toasted.
- Your coconut macaroons are ready.
¾ cup softened butter
1/ cup white sugar
2 Egg yolks
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup Jam, flavour of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- In a medium bowl, Mix together the butter, white sugar and egg yolks. Mix in flour little by little until a soft dough forms. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. In case the dough is too soft, refrigerate it for 15 to 20 minutes. Place balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Use your finger to make a well in the center of each cookie. Fill the hole with 1/2 teaspoon of Jam.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown on the bottom. Remove from cookie sheets and the very delectable Jam-Butter cookies are ready.
Orange Cranberries Cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ tsp baking powder
18 tsp salt
1 cup softened butter
¾ cup sugar
Tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp almond extract
1 tsp grated orange zest
2 cups sweetened dried cranberries
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; set aside. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric blender in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts and orange zest. Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the cranberries; mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions, then roll into logs about 7 inches long. Wrap each log in butter paper and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 175 degrees C.
- Remove wax paper, and cut the cookie dough into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm but not browned, about 10 minutes.
So, dear friends, do try these simple Christmas goodies recipes and be loaded with generous compliments especially from your little ones. Post pictures after trying them as we always love to see the success that you get.
Till then Happy Cooking!