You will not achieve much results by dieting alone. A few simple exercises alongside will work wonders, though. Let’s see a few of the exercises you can do to reduce that unwanted belly fat
- Lie on the floor with knees bent and feet on the floor.
- Keep your hands under your head.
- Breathe in, lift your upper body from the ground and breathe out.
- Inhale again while you get back, then exhale.
- Do this 10 times and 2 or 3 sets.
- Your back should make an angle of 30-40° with the floor. You will feel the abdominal muscles stretching.
- Do not sit up fully, just raise your body some inches from the ground, otherwise you may hurt your back.
- Do not jerk your head forward. It will cause neck pain.
2. Twisted Crunches
Once you get used to the regular crunches, you can start doing twisted crunches that are even more effective.
- Carry out steps a and b same as Crunches.
- Lift up your upper body and turn your right shoulder towards the left, keeping your left side body on the ground.
- Inhale and return to position.
- Do the same with the left side.
- Repeat 10 times for 2-3 sets.
3. Side Crunches
Precautions: You need to keep your movements slow and steady. Sudden movements may cause muscle spasms or tears.
4. Reverse Crunches
The reverse crunch is an exercise that works on the muscles of the lower abdomen.
- Lie flat with your hands placed beside the hips.
- Bend your knees and lift them towards your head.
- Draw them upward at the end of the movement.
- Lower your knees back to hip level.
- Repeat 10 times and do 2-3 sets.
Precautions: Keep your back flat on the floor to avoid injury.
5. Vertical Leg Crunch
This is a low-impact exercise that is very effective in strengthening your abdominal muscles.
- Lie flat on your back and place your hands beneath your head.
- Lift your legs in the air and cross them at the ankle. Do not lock the knees.
- Lift your upper body towards the knees. Keep your chin off your chest and exhale while contracting your abs.
- Inhale and return to the starting position.
- Do not jerk your neck to prevent injury.
- Make sure you keep your chin off your chest.
Be sure to practice these exercises regularly and see those unwanted calories melt away!