Salads: Tasty bhi, healthy bhi!!
It’s every woman’s dream to look slim and trim. It is very well said that only exercising wouldn’t give the figure that you desire. Food plays a crucial role in giving you desirable shapes and curves. I believe that dieting or cutting down on the calories would just take you halfway in this journey. If you want to have health with figure, salads seem to be hitting the nail.
When I say Salads, I actually mean the healthy version and not the rich and creamy salads.
For Indians, taste matters as much as the health portion, so for a tasty and healthy salad, good sauce is must. Sauces are indispensable part of salad making.
So, considering the taste and health quotient of a salad, I am providing you few options of lip-smacking salads:
Asian noodles salad with spicy thai dressing:
- 1 Packet rice noodles
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups julienned cucumbers
- 2-3 cups cabbage
- 1/3 cup diced green onions
- Spicy Sesame Vinaigrette:
- 6 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 garlic clove
- 2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoon honey
- In a small bowl, add all kinds of oils, lime juice, tamari sauce, rice wine vinegar, cilantro, fresh ginger, garlic cloves, sriracha sauce, and honey. Whisk the mixture until everything is combined. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add rice noodles and cook until al dente according to package instructions. Drain and rice with cold water.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl; add red pepper, yellow pepper, cucumbers, cabbage, green onions, and spicy sesame dressing. Toss to combine everything.
- This salad can be served warm or cold.
Farro Arugula Strawberry Chicken Salad
Try this salad , which is a great combination of strawberry with chicken and ancient grain “Farro”. If you will try this once, then your dil maange more…
- 1/2 cup farro (uncooked)
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, white meat removed and roughly chopped
- 6 cups arugula
- 1 cup strawberries, quartered
- 3 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup red onion slices
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add water to farro in a medium size pot. Cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes. When the farro is done, drain the remaining water. Set farro aside.
- Let’s prepare salad dressing now. In a small bowl, add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, ground mustard, honey, dry basil, salt, and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- To a large salad bowl add arugula, cooked farro, rotisserie chicken, strawberries, goat cheese, red onion, and almonds. Drizzle with dressing; lightly toss to coat everything with dressing.
- Yummilicious salad is ready to serve.
So, dear friends, try these simple and quick to make salad recipes. I am sure that everyone in your family will enjoy them and these would be on your cooking list always.Happy Salad Making and Relishing!!